Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boxes

These entries are getting pretty sporadic, but then again, I never promised to blog on a tentative schedule. They come whenever I get a chance. Deal.

Right now, I'm taking a quick break from cleaning out my room and getting rid of old stuff. Then I'll get ready for the actual packing.

Easy job for just one room, right? Wrong. I'm actually taking it with mixed emotions. One side of me tells me I'm ready for a change in my life. A new home, new school, new job (eventually), and so many other news. It'll be exciting, yet challenging. UGA is a great school and I think it'll be a great place for a ambitious student such as myself.

But another side of me says I'm not ready. I'm afraid I'll break under the weight of so many new experiences coming at once. Really, the only constants I have are my stuff, my car, and my family. Gone is Gainesville State College, The Times, and, as of recent, my girlfriend.

I don't even feel like I'm the same person I was a few weeks ago. This may, in fact, be one of the biggest corners I've turned so far in my life.

But no one stays on the interstate forever. That's what exits are for, and I guess mine is coming up.

I could probably mope about this more, but there's no point in getting down when school starts in a little over a week. Motivation has never been more important than now, so let's keep cleaning and packing.

Athens, here I come.

No comments: